Get your official Lancaster County Dog License here
*Dog license's are no longer available at this location.
Lancaster County Dog License
All dogs three months or older must get their PA Dog License by Jan. 1 of each year. Violators can be cited with a maximum fine of $300 per violation plus court costs. Lancaster County Dog License
An annual license is $8.50 and a lifetime license is $51.50. If the animal is spayed or neutered, the annual fee is $6.50 and lifetime is $31.50. Discounts are available to older adults and people with disabilities. The small license fee helps the millions of dogs in the state by funding the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture Bureau of Dog Law Enforcement.
Dog licenses are available from us in store, or your local county treasurer and other licensing agents.
Revenue from the sale of dog licenses funds the work of dog wardens protecting all dogs and puppies in kennels, shutting down bad actors and puppy mills, keeps dangerous dogs monitored and off the street, and our communities safe.
Allows dog wardens to:
- Inspect more than 2,500 state-licensed kennels, a minimum of twice annually
- Investigate and prosecute illegal kennel operations “puppy mills”
- Control the spread of infectious and contagious diseases
- Track and monitor more than 600 dangerous dogs
- Pick up stray or abandoned dogs
- Reimburse shelters for holding stray dogs
- Reimburse farmers for damages to livestock caused by dogs or coyotes